RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye this week:
- A third-grade teacher from Rye's Milton Elementary School has become the second faculty member to sue both the school district and individual board members after being put on administrative reassignment following allegations of improper coaching during standardized testing last year.
- After an exhaustive search, Tuckahoe Superintendent of Schools Barbara Nuzzi has picked a former Rye administrator to take over as principal of the middle school for the upcoming school year.
- Pop legend Paul Simon, 72, and his wife, musician Edie Brickell, 47, were each charged with disorderly conduct after a dispute in their New Canaan home.
- An abundance of tree foliage is creating a safety concern for one of the landing strips at Westchester County Airport, according to The New York Times.
- NYPD Officer Brendan Cronin, a Yonkers resident, was arrested by Pelham police after allegedly shooting a 47-year-old New Rochelle resident six times on Tuesday night while off duty.
- 1 Rye Students Evacuated After 'Bomb Threat' Note Found In Boys Bathroom
- 2 Ellen Page, Julianne Moore Film 'Freeheld' At Rye Brook Gas Station
- 3 Latest Rye Brook Celeb Sighting: Michael Shannon Of 'Boardwalk Empire'
- 4 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola