WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- In honor of October being Breast Cancer Awareness month, several area businesses are offering specials to support the cause.
- Weezie D in Bronxville is having a “pink bake sale” on Friday, Oct. 17 to raise money for American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. There will be cookies, brownies, cake, cupcakes, pink lemonade and pink tea. The "think pink" fun continues at the Rye store with all-day raffles and a pink candy bar where you can fill up bags of candy for $3.
- Numi & Company Hair Salon in Scarsdale is offering 20 percent off all services and products along with raffles and prizes on Wednesday, Oct. 15 with all proceeds going to Breast Cancer Research. Can’t make that date? No worries. Its sister salon in Rye is offering 20 percent off to all new clients for the entire month as well as 50 percent off men's haircuts (booked with Sam only).
- Also in Rye: Alex and Ani is featuring a breast cancer awareness bangle ($28) called the arms of strength with 20 percent of sales supporting the Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Foundation, a Rhode Island non-profit.
- Let Evita Dodel of Larchmont alleviate your stress with deep-tissue and Swedish massages at 20 percent off her regular price of $140, with portions going towards the American Cancer Society. Call 914-630-4838 or email@example.com.
- Wrap yourselves in pink with April Marin’s Katelyn Ruffle Poncho ($79), City Ruffle Shawl ($89) or Pom Pom Scarf ($48). Orders can be taken online or at the Armonk store with 20 percent of sales going to Susan G. Komen.
- All this shopping making you thirsty? Stop by One Twenty One restaurant in North Salem where 100 percent of the proceeds of the new Mr. Pink cocktail goes towards breast cancer awareness. The $10 drink features raspberry tea, St. Germain, a dash of Blood Orange Bitter and sparkling wine.
- In an effort to raise money for Support Connection, a local nonprofit, New Rochelle’s Alvin & Friends Restauran t is offering a Hot Pink Jazz Series with music Oct.17 and 25.
- Pink is always the theme at Larchmont's Pink on Palmer but on Oct. 22 from 10 am to 6 pm the store will be holding special events (free makeup and skincare consults) along with raffle tickets and prizes with monies raised going towards breast cancer awareness. The store is also selling Larchmont Fireman's pink t-shirts ($20) with 100 percent of proceeds going to Susan G. Komen.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.