WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Mariano Rivera could be pitching once again for the Yankees.
Not the recently retired legendary reliever and Purchase resident, but his son.
The Yankees drafted Mariano Rivera Jr., a right-handed pitcher for Iona College, in the 29th round (872nd pick) of the 2014 draft Saturday.
The 5-foot-11, 155-pound Rivera was 2-6 with a 5.40 ERA for the Gaels this spring, his sophomore season.
- 1 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester, Rye, Mamaroneck To Halt Hunting Plans
- 2 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 3 Westchester Hosting Veterans Appreciation Day At Rye Playland
- 4 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 5 Police Asking Public's Help In Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs