RYE, N.Y. - The Skyliners Synchronized Skating Team, which has members from several Westchester communities, including Rye, New Rochelle and Larchmont, will open its 11th season with a pep rally on Saturday at the Terry Conners Rink in Stamford, Conn.
“I am so excited about the team this year,” said Josh Babb, Skyliners head coach and director of synchronized skating. “This year’s routines are some of the most creative and beautiful we have put together, and I cannot wait for our community to have the opportunity to experience them.”
The Skyliners Junior and Senior teams were featured last week on NBC's "Today Show" with an opening performance at the Rockefeller Center Ice Skating Rink. Both teams have been selected by the U.S. Figure Skating Association to represent the U.S. internationally as Team USA.
The Skyliners are the most successful synchronized skating team in the region, with teams placing first or second in each participating line last spring at the 2012 Eastern Sectional Synchronized Skating Championship, and with several Skyliners lines earning medals at the 2012 National Synchronized Skating Championships.
Each of the Skyliners nine competitive lines will perform at the pep rally. The routines have a wide range of themes, and are set to a wide range of musical genres from pop music to musical theater to classical.
The pep rally will be held from 4:15 to 6:45 p.m., and is open to the public, Admission to the event is free.
- 1 Port Chester Drug Bust Leads To 20th Illegal Gun Recovered In 2014
- 2 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 3 Purchase-SUNY Adds Masters Program That Combines Arts, Entrepreneurship
- 4 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 5 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts