RYE, N.Y. -- Seven swimmers from the Rye Y's swim team recently traveled to Charlotte, N.C., to swim in the 2014 USA League Sunkissed Invitational Junior-Senior Championship.
Swimmer Riley Haffner made it to the finals in the junior boys 50 freestyle. Junior swimmers Melissa Bergin, Alexandra DeStaebler, Emily Habeck, Jackson Haffner, Adele Harshbarger and senior swimmer Andrew DeStaebler had strong swims and beat their personal bests.
Led by Coach Kate Tiedeman, the Rye Y Wave Ryeders have built competitive swimmers with an emphasis on teamwork and sportsmanship.
Parents, aunts and uncles joined together at the meet to cheer on the team.
Parent Pamela Bergin commented, “Not only did we get to see the team compete hard in the pool, we got to see them cheer hard for each other and for the many friends they have made on other swim teams.”
- 1 State Police Warn Rye Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Mourners Gather At Vigil, Seeking Solace After Harrison Shooting Deaths