RYE, N.Y – Super Bowl shirts were flying off the shelves Wednesday at Modells Sporting Goods on the Port Chester-Rye Border as fand got ready for Sundays big game between the Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers.
Manager Alex Izzo said she had to order more shirts after the store's front table was stacked high earlier this week.
“Everybody loves football,” she said. “They’re really a lot of people. They’re selling really really well.”
Izzo said more customers have been mostly buying a black Raven’s super bowl t-shirt verses a red San Francisco 49ers shirt because the Ravens are the closer team.
Izzo expects a new shipment by Friday in all sizes just in time for the big game..
Store appraisal manager Kathy Sorrentino said she is not into football, but plans to join her Ravens fan sister in rooting for the Baltimore squad.
“I’m rooting for the Baltimore Ravens since she lives there,” she said.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Suspect Charged In Rye 'Bicycle Bandit' Robbery
- 3 Rye Brook's Karetsky Celebrates Birthday As Westchester Knicks' Fan Of Game
- 4 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 5 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes