RYE, N.Y – Super Bowl shirts were flying off the shelves Wednesday at Modells Sporting Goods on the Port Chester-Rye Border as fand got ready for Sundays big game between the Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers.
Manager Alex Izzo said she had to order more shirts after the store's front table was stacked high earlier this week.
“Everybody loves football,” she said. “They’re really a lot of people. They’re selling really really well.”
Izzo said more customers have been mostly buying a black Raven’s super bowl t-shirt verses a red San Francisco 49ers shirt because the Ravens are the closer team.
Izzo expects a new shipment by Friday in all sizes just in time for the big game..
Store appraisal manager Kathy Sorrentino said she is not into football, but plans to join her Ravens fan sister in rooting for the Baltimore squad.
“I’m rooting for the Baltimore Ravens since she lives there,” she said.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 FBI Probing Whether Prison Escapees Were Involed In Heroin Trafficking Ring
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line