RYE, N.Y. – Rye High School Crew earned eight gold, three silver and two bronze medals in the final regatta of the fall season--the 2015 Bill Braxton Memorial Regatta held at Mercer Lake, N.J., on Nov. 8.
The competition consisted of 348 entries from 51 clubs in 33 races. Men’s coach, Stan Nelson, said to his rowers: “… We finished second in the overall medal count which is awesome. This gives you all a strong foundation to build from, and shows how hard work pays off.”
The women’s coach, Catharine Labine, said “...The progress is evident in the results this fall, especially at the novice level. This bodes well for the future of RHS Girls Crew.”
- Both the Novice Men’s and Women’s 8+ boats won
- Sophie Pankoff and Erica Kinstel won Gold in the Women’s Varsity 2x, continuing their success from last spring where they made it to [Scholastic] Nationals.
- The Women’s Varsity Quad won Gold with Sophie Pankoff, Abbie Foresman, Erica Kinstel and Sharon Doyle.
- In the Men’s Varsity Doubles, Rye won two Gold medals in different flights for Adam Rudolph-Math/ Alex Sutherland and for Michael Batal/Tyler Clickner.
- The Men’s Varsity Quads posted two gold medals: in Flight 1 for John Dailey, Tyler Clickner, Clemmi Borgogni, and Liam Wilson; and in flight 2 for Alex Sutherland, Tolo Sutherland, Adam Rudolph-Math, Tim Rudolph-Math.
- Women’s Novice Four: Kacha, Johnson, Syed, Storey- Herzog (Cox)
- Women’s Second Varsity Eight: McLoughlin, Ryan, Nisi, Fallon, Wilson C., Daniels, Myers, Pell- Neiman (Cox)
- Men’s Second Varsity Eight –A: Burke, Clarke, Foresman. Alex, Gomez, A., Gomez V., Clickner, Batal, Farres- McGowan (Cox).
- Men’s Second Varsity Eight- B: Gilman, Goldman, Turk, J., Lepore, Luthringer, Malespin, Usry, Senkiw- Keegan (Cox)
- Men’s Varsity Quad– Flight 3: Clark, Foresman, Burke, Farres.