RYE, N.Y. -- The Rye Middle School Squash Club was named a finalist at Yale University's Middle School Squash Championship.
Team A of the club finished was a finalist in the Boys Division II at the tournament held from Jan. 31 to Feb. 2 at Yale University. With 15 teams in their division, the Rye Middle School Team A finished second to Brunswick School’s Team B.
Rye’s Team A consisted of Caroline Baldwin, Will Squires, Andy Dabinett, Charlie Greenhouse, Henry Cetina and alternate Shannon Ryan. The team was coached by world champion squash player David Palmer and Dean Young of Westchester Squash in Mamaroneck.
Rye’s Team B, also in Boys Division II, won their final two matches. Team B, also coached by Palmer and Young, was comprised of Caroline Kacha, Katherine Langer, Chris Mullane, Jake Katsikas, Jamie Abt and alternates Blake Garrett and Ainsley Schulz.
Rye Middle School entered two teams into the tournament. There were 351 boys and girls competing among 59 middle school teams from across the nation.
- 1 Soccer Goal Safety Bill Rooted In Rye Brook Signed Into State Law
- 2 Teenager Killed In Crash Near Port Chester High School Mourned By Hundreds
- 3 Rye Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Wake, Funeral Service Scheduled For Port Chester Crash Victim
- 5 Blind Brook School District Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday