RYE, N.Y. -- The Rye Middle School Squash Club was named a finalist at Yale University's Middle School Squash Championship.
Team A of the club finished was a finalist in the Boys Division II at the tournament held from Jan. 31 to Feb. 2 at Yale University. With 15 teams in their division, the Rye Middle School Team A finished second to Brunswick School’s Team B.
Rye’s Team A consisted of Caroline Baldwin, Will Squires, Andy Dabinett, Charlie Greenhouse, Henry Cetina and alternate Shannon Ryan. The team was coached by world champion squash player David Palmer and Dean Young of Westchester Squash in Mamaroneck.
Rye’s Team B, also in Boys Division II, won their final two matches. Team B, also coached by Palmer and Young, was comprised of Caroline Kacha, Katherine Langer, Chris Mullane, Jake Katsikas, Jamie Abt and alternates Blake Garrett and Ainsley Schulz.
Rye Middle School entered two teams into the tournament. There were 351 boys and girls competing among 59 middle school teams from across the nation.
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 Six Rye High School Standouts Commit To College Sports
- 3 Rye Brook Teen, 16, ID'd In Fatal Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 Nat'l Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change In Rye Crash, Police Say
- 5 IRS Warns Rye Residents Of Phone Scam