WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Even though the New York Knicks are letting fans have a say in the name of the Developmental League team coming to Westchester County, the organization has already filed trademarks for a few names, according to the Wall Street Journal.
The NBADL has filed for trademarks on the following names: The New York Plainsmen, the New York Hutch, the New York 914s, the New York Empire, and the New York 'Bockers, the Wall Street Journal reported.
Fans online submissions for potential names will remain open until Monday, March 24, the Wall Street Journal said.
- 1 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways
- 2 Rye Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash