RYE BROOK, N.Y. – Tuesday is the opening day for the students of Blind Brook Public Schools. Here’s all the need-to-know information about your child’s school for the first month.
Superintendent William Stark will present the 2012-2013 district goals, cyberbullying policy, academic integrity guidelines and the district honor code at the board of education meeting at 8 p.m. Sept. 10 in the Monroe E. Haas Instructional Media Center. At the board’s Sept. 24 meeting, there will be a roundtable discussion of the 2012 results of the "District Drug and Alcohol Survey."
The Blind Brook Parent Teacher Association will have its first meeting of the school year at 7 p.m. Sept. 11.
• The school’s athletic open house will be in the school’s auditorium from 7-9 p.m. Wednesday.
• Homecoming weekend will be Sept. 21-22.
• “Back To School Night” will take place Sept. 27.
• Picture day for all students will be Sept. 24.
• Driver’s education classes begin Sept. 13. Go online for more information on registration.
• Keep this link handy for school hours and daily schedules.
• Blind Brook High School is at 840 King St., Rye Brook.
• “Back to School Night” is at 7 p.m. Oct. 4.
• Picture day is Sept. 25 for all students.
• For last minute school purchases, here is the school’s supply list.
• Blind Brook Middle School is at 840 King St., Rye Brook.
• “Back to School Night” for grades 4–5 is at 7 p.m. Sept. 13 and 7 p.m. Sept. 19 for grades 1–3.
• Kindergarten call backs begin Sept. 10.
• Picture days for students are Sept. 27-28.
• The school’s open house will be at 7 p.m. Oct. 10.
• Check out the school’s supplies list to make sure your child has everything they need to start the year off right.
• Ridge Street School is at 390 N. Ridge St., Rye Brook.
For more events throughout the year, take a look at the district's calendar.