RYE, N.Y. -- A fourth grade teacher from Osborn Elementary School in Rye is suing the school district and several individual board members for $1 million for damaging her reputation and keeping her away from her job, according to LoHud.com.
Carin Mehler is one of four teachers who was placed on administrative leave in April 2013, LoHud.com reported. She is suing Superintendent Frank Alvarez, Osborn Principal Angela Garcia, school board president Laura Slack and others.
Mehler's lawsuit claims that the district's inaction is an attempt to get her admit to wrongdoing, LoHud.com said. She is asking for an apology and to be placed back into the classroom.
- 1 Rye Police Identify High School Student Charged In Latest Bomb Threat
- 2 Rye Police Make Arrest In High School Bomb Threats
- 3 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 5 Rye Country Day Among Smartest Private Schools In Nation