RYE, N.Y. -- A fourth grade teacher from Osborn Elementary School in Rye is suing the school district and several individual board members for $1 million for damaging her reputation and keeping her away from her job, according to LoHud.com.
Carin Mehler is one of four teachers who was placed on administrative leave in April 2013, LoHud.com reported. She is suing Superintendent Frank Alvarez, Osborn Principal Angela Garcia, school board president Laura Slack and others.
Mehler's lawsuit claims that the district's inaction is an attempt to get her admit to wrongdoing, LoHud.com said. She is asking for an apology and to be placed back into the classroom.
- 1 Rye, Rye Brook Ranked Among Safest Places To Live In New York
- 2 Port Chester Drug Bust Leads To 20th Illegal Gun Recovered In 2014
- 3 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 4 Debate Stirs As Chappaqua's Hillary Clinton Returns To Iowa
- 5 National Weather Service: Rye's Winter Won't Be So Bad