RYE, N.Y. – Fifteen Rye students were recently honored for their musical talents and accomplishments.
Superintendent Dr. Frank Alvarez presented the “Rye Recognition of Excellence Award,” at the school board's meeting last Tuesday.
“Through this new award program we have already acknowledged students for their academic and athletic accomplishments over the past few months. It is an honor to shine light on the music department tonight as we recognize students who were selected to all-county and all-state musical ensembles,” Alvarez said.
Students in the fifth through 12th grades were selected to the groups after auditioning for a chance to play.
The students include:
- Area All-State Orchestra: Rye High School sophomores, violinists’ Will Hammer and Nabil Azim
- Area All-State Band: Rye High School seniors, oboe players Trevor Hele and Emily Tepler
- Area All-State Mixed Chorus: Rye High School junior, soprano clarinet player Yuika Abe and Rye High School bass player Danny Keller
- Area All-State Womens Chorus: Rye High School senior, soprano clarinet player Clara Robertson
- Intermediate All County Band: Rye Middle School eighth grader, trombone player Guy Junkins and seventh grader, trumpet player Anders Jensen
- Intermediate All County Orchestra: Rye High School freshman, violinist Su-Lynn Kok, Rye Middle School School seventh grader, bass player Aidan Pasquale, and seventh grader, cello player Esther Yu
- Elementary All-County Orchestra: Milton Elementary School fifth grader, string bass player Audrey Fung, and sixth grader, cello player Jonathan Lloyd
- Elementary All-County Band: Rye Middle School sixth grader, baritone sax player Ben Kuster
- 1 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester, Rye, Mamaroneck To Halt Hunting Plans
- 2 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 3 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 4 Memorial Day Parade Returns To Rye For Second Year
- 5 Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Westchester Depositors