RYE, N.Y. -- Rye High School student Zack Samberg recently co-directed a new documentary about a Utah basketball team that is now available for purchase on iTunes.
Samberg found the inspiration behind this story last year while watching a game in Massachusetts, where he saw the Lone Peak Knights overwhelm their competition.
The documentary not only follows the basketball team's road to a National Championship, but also examines the players' shared collective Mormon faith, which led them to delay their hoop dreams and spend the next two years as Mormon missionaries in Europe.
Samberg plays basketball as well as lacrosse at Rye High School and interns at Five-Star Basketball. He and co-director Ben Altarescu hope to visit the team's top players during their missions and delve more deeply into what it means to be star athletes who put their dreams on hold to serve a higher purpose.
They plan to follow the players through their return to Utah in 2016, when they will reunite on the basketball court at Brigham Young University.
- 1 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 2 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says
- 5 Schumer Calls For Harsher 'Swatting' Penalties In Visit To Westchester