RYE, N.Y. -- Rye High School senior Rachel Egan has been recognized as the Con Edison Student-Athlete of the Week.
This award highlights the region's outstanding student athletes who also demonstrate academic excellence, leadership, citizenship and school and community involvement.
Egan is a four-year member of the varsity basketball team and has served as captain for two years under coach Dennis Hurlie.
Earlier in the 2013-14 school year, she was named to the All-Tournament team after leading Rye to victory at the Dan Divirgillio tournament at Hackley.
Egan also plays on the varsity soccer team.
She teaches swim classes at the Rye Golf Club, volunteers as a Rye Youth Soccer camp coach in the summer and participates as a member of the Varsity Athletes Against Substance Abuse school organization.
In the classroom, Egan takes a number of advanced placement and honors courses. Also a talented singer, she serves as treasurer of the chorus program, helping plan trips and events.
As a Con Edison Athlete of the Week, she was interviewed by Bob Wolff at WFAS Radio and featured on its website. She was also highlighted in the Journal News.
- 1 Funeral Services Held In Rye For 20-Year-Old Marisa Curlen
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 4 Man, 34, Is Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI
- 5 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report