RYE, N.Y. -- Rye High School was named among the top high schools in New York and was one of only 500 schools nationwide to receive a gold medal rating in the annual U.S. News & World Report study.
Rye was the second-highest-ranked school in Westchester County and 11th in New York. Nationally, Rye was ranked 68th.
U.S. News analyzed more than 31,200 public high schools in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, and has published data on more than 19,400, including student demographics and results on state exams and Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate tests.
The 500 gold medal schools make up less than 2 percent of the total schools studied.
In addition, 1,519 schools took home silver medals and 2,688 were awarded bronze.
The top 10 schools in Westchester County -- all of which received gold medal ratings -- were ranked in this order by U.S. News:
1. Edgemont High School, Scarsdale
2. Rye High School
3. Horace Greeley High School, Chappaqua
4. Yonkers High School
5. Hastings High School
6. Byram Hills High School, Armonk
7. Briarcliff High School
8. North Salem High School
9. Rye Neck High School, Mamaroneck
10. Scarsdale High School
- 1 Rye Brook Landlord Negotiates Settlement With D'Agostino Supermarket
- 2 Rye Restaurateur To Open Saltaire Oyster Bar In Port Chester
- 3 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site Near Rye City Border Moves Forward
- 4 Rye Police Report Rise In Thefts From Parked Vehicles
- 5 Three Different Ryes Can Be Confusing In Westchester