WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Students in grades three through eight in New York state saw slightly improved math scores on Common Core testing, while English and Language Arts scores remained mostly flat, according to Education Week.
The percentage of students who tested out as proficient in math jumped roughly 31 percent to 26 percent with white and Asian students showing the greatest gains. ELA test scores only rose from 31.3 percent to 31.4 percent, Education Week reported.
- 1 Rye Brook Landlord Negotiates Settlement With D'Agostino Supermarket
- 2 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site Near Rye City Border Moves Forward
- 3 Three Different Ryes Can Be Confusing In Westchester
- 4 Rye Police Report Rise In Thefts From Parked Vehicles
- 5 Rye Restaurateur To Open Saltaire Oyster Bar In Port Chester