WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Students in grades three through eight in New York state saw slightly improved math scores on Common Core testing, while English and Language Arts scores remained mostly flat, according to Education Week.
The percentage of students who tested out as proficient in math jumped roughly 31 percent to 26 percent with white and Asian students showing the greatest gains. ELA test scores only rose from 31.3 percent to 31.4 percent, Education Week reported.
- 1 Rye Police Identify High School Student Charged In Latest Bomb Threat
- 2 Rye Police Make Arrest In High School Bomb Threats
- 3 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 5 Rye Country Day Among Smartest Private Schools In Nation