WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Students in grades three through eight in New York state saw slightly improved math scores on Common Core testing, while English and Language Arts scores remained mostly flat, according to Education Week.
The percentage of students who tested out as proficient in math jumped roughly 31 percent to 26 percent with white and Asian students showing the greatest gains. ELA test scores only rose from 31.3 percent to 31.4 percent, Education Week reported.
- 1 Police Pursue Bank Robbery Suspect In Downtown Rye
- 2 Plane Skids Off Runway At LaGuardia Airport, All Flights Diverted
- 3 Father Hid Computer Hard Drive After Harrison Murder-Suicide, Report Says
- 4 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 5 Rye Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm