WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Students in grades three through eight in New York state saw slightly improved math scores on Common Core testing, while English and Language Arts scores remained mostly flat, according to Education Week.
The percentage of students who tested out as proficient in math jumped roughly 31 percent to 26 percent with white and Asian students showing the greatest gains. ELA test scores only rose from 31.3 percent to 31.4 percent, Education Week reported.
- 1 Newly Named Playland Manager Says His Love Of Park Will Inspire Makeover
- 2 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests
- 3 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 5 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Rye