WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Students in grades three through eight in New York state saw slightly improved math scores on Common Core testing, while English and Language Arts scores remained mostly flat, according to Education Week.
The percentage of students who tested out as proficient in math jumped roughly 31 percent to 26 percent with white and Asian students showing the greatest gains. ELA test scores only rose from 31.3 percent to 31.4 percent, Education Week reported.
- 1 Rye High School, Middle School Evacuated After Bomb Threat
- 2 Rye Students Evacuated After 'Bomb Threat' Note Found In Boys Bathroom
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact Rye On Wednesday
- 4 Ellen Page, Julianne Moore Film 'Freeheld' At Rye Brook Gas Station
- 5 Latest Rye Brook Celeb Sighting: Michael Shannon Of 'Boardwalk Empire'