WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Students in grades three through eight in New York state saw slightly improved math scores on Common Core testing, while English and Language Arts scores remained mostly flat, according to Education Week.
The percentage of students who tested out as proficient in math jumped roughly 31 percent to 26 percent with white and Asian students showing the greatest gains. ELA test scores only rose from 31.3 percent to 31.4 percent, Education Week reported.
- 1 Rye Teacher Can Return To Classroom Two Years After Being Placed On Leave
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Fugitives Planned To Flee To Mexico, Split Five Days Before Manhunt Ended
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director