RYE BROOK, N.Y. – The Blind Brook School District has scheduled a lockdown drill for next week at Ridge Street School, the first of many upgrades planned to ensure the safety of the students and staff in the Rye Brook schools.
The district is also looking at how it can improve safety in its school buildings and relations between its students and staff, Blind Brook Superintendent William Stark said at Monday night's school board meeting.
“Heightened police presence will be made to ensure schools are kept safe and secure during the day,” Stark said.
He also said he wanted to put the measures into place so enough money could be budgeted before the district’s first meeting on the 2013-14 budget on Feb. 25.
The district will mail a letter to families explaining the plans, he said.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Rye High School Is Evacuated After Bomb Threat, Basketball Game Canceled
- 3 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 4 Renowned Building Team Finishes Construction On New Home In Rye
- 5 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Rye