RYE, N.Y. – Mayor Doug French is expected to appoint a new deputy mayor at Wednesday night's meeting of the Rye City Council.
The deputy mayor serves a one-year term. The position was last held by Peter Jovanovich.
In addition, the council is slated to make appointments to various board and commissions, including the Board of Appeals, Board of Architectural Review, Board of Ethics, Landmarks Advisory Committee, Planning Commission, Recreation Commission, Rye Cable and Communications Committee, Rye Town Park Advisory Committee and the Traffic & Pedestrian Safety Committee.
The City Council will meet at 8 p.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall, 1051 Boston Post Road. Before the appointments are made the mayor will give his State of the City Address.
City Council meetings are available live on Cablevision Channel 75, Verizon Channel 39 and on the city's website.
- 1 Rye Brook Landlord Negotiates Settlement With D'Agostino Supermarket
- 2 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site Near Rye City Border Moves Forward
- 3 Rye Restaurateur To Open Saltaire Oyster Bar In Port Chester
- 4 Three Different Ryes Can Be Confusing In Westchester
- 5 Rye Police Report Rise In Thefts From Parked Vehicles