RYE, N.Y. – Mayor Doug French is expected to appoint a new deputy mayor at Wednesday night's meeting of the Rye City Council.
The deputy mayor serves a one-year term. The position was last held by Peter Jovanovich.
In addition, the council is slated to make appointments to various board and commissions, including the Board of Appeals, Board of Architectural Review, Board of Ethics, Landmarks Advisory Committee, Planning Commission, Recreation Commission, Rye Cable and Communications Committee, Rye Town Park Advisory Committee and the Traffic & Pedestrian Safety Committee.
The City Council will meet at 8 p.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall, 1051 Boston Post Road. Before the appointments are made the mayor will give his State of the City Address.
City Council meetings are available live on Cablevision Channel 75, Verizon Channel 39 and on the city's website.
- 1 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 2 Westchester Hosting Veterans Appreciation Day At Rye Playland
- 3 Body Pulled From Hudson ID'd As Missing Kayaker In Murder Case
- 4 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says