RYE, N.Y. -- Sen. George Latimer (D-Rye) is calling on Senate and Assembly leadership to immediately seek passage of a package of strong ethics reform bills.
“We don’t need any more debate. We know what needs to be done," Latimer said in a statement. "I have good bills; my colleagues have good bills; it is way past time to start passing good bills."
Latimer is urging passage of bills that would:
- Prohibit people from holding office if convicted of corruption.
- Ban outside income for all State Legislators
- Ban the use of campaign funds to pay for criminal or civil legal fees.
- Abolish the “LLC Loophole” and reduce multiple excessive campaign contributions by individuals through Limited Liability Corporations.
- Revoke the state pensions of state government officials convicted of violating the public trust.
- Create term limits for leadership positions in the State Senate and Assembly.