WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Gearing up for a potential all-Westchester New York gubernatorial race between incumbent Andrew Cuomo of New Castle and Rob Astorino of Mount Pleasant?
Not so fast, according to Gov. Cuomo.
Astorino may be campaigning to run against Cuomo in November, but the governor said the Westchester county executive may not even secure the GOP nomination, according to the New York Daily News.
Cuomo recalled during a public radio interview the constant shuffling of GOP nominees four years ago when the GOP first backed Suffolk County Executive Steve Levy, then Rep. Rick Lazio, only to have Carl Paladino secure the nomination, the Daily News reported.
- 1 Police Pursue Bank Robbery Suspect In Downtown Rye
- 2 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Rye
- 4 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 5 Father Hid Computer Hard Drive After Harrison Murder-Suicide, Report Says