PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – A Port Chester police officer was arrested for driving while intoxicated Wednesday after an accident involving three vehicles on I-287 in Harrison, according to LoHud.com.
Jose A. Nieves, 40, was booked by New York State troopers and held in his own department, according to the report.
The accident involving the off-duty officer happened at approximately 2 a.m. Wednesday morning after Nieves rear-ended an unoccupied parked construction vehicle, the report said. A chemical test showed that Nieves’ blood alcohol content was 0.13 percent, the report said.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Rye; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Rye, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Rye Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell