PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – A Port Chester police officer was arrested for driving while intoxicated Wednesday after an accident involving three vehicles on I-287 in Harrison, according to LoHud.com.
Jose A. Nieves, 40, was booked by New York State troopers and held in his own department, according to the report.
The accident involving the off-duty officer happened at approximately 2 a.m. Wednesday morning after Nieves rear-ended an unoccupied parked construction vehicle, the report said. A chemical test showed that Nieves’ blood alcohol content was 0.13 percent, the report said.
- 1 Latest Rye Brook Celeb Sighting: Michael Shannon Of 'Boardwalk Empire'
- 2 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 20-Year-Old Indicted In 'Cold Case' Murder Of Port Chester Plumber
- 5 Slow-Moving Storm Will Bring Heavy Rain To Rye