PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – A Port Chester police officer was arrested for driving while intoxicated Wednesday after an accident involving three vehicles on I-287 in Harrison, according to LoHud.com.
Jose A. Nieves, 40, was booked by New York State troopers and held in his own department, according to the report.
The accident involving the off-duty officer happened at approximately 2 a.m. Wednesday morning after Nieves rear-ended an unoccupied parked construction vehicle, the report said. A chemical test showed that Nieves’ blood alcohol content was 0.13 percent, the report said.
- 1 Port Chester Drug Bust Leads To 20th Illegal Gun Recovered In 2014
- 2 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 5 Apple's iPhone 6 Release Packs Malls In Westchester