PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – A Port Chester police officer was arrested for driving while intoxicated Wednesday after an accident involving three vehicles on I-287 in Harrison, according to LoHud.com.
Jose A. Nieves, 40, was booked by New York State troopers and held in his own department, according to the report.
The accident involving the off-duty officer happened at approximately 2 a.m. Wednesday morning after Nieves rear-ended an unoccupied parked construction vehicle, the report said. A chemical test showed that Nieves’ blood alcohol content was 0.13 percent, the report said.
- 1 Rye Teacher Can Return To Classroom Two Years After Being Placed On Leave
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Fugitives Planned To Flee To Mexico, Split Five Days Before Manhunt Ended
- 5 FBI Probing Whether Prison Escapees Were Involed In Heroin Trafficking Ring