PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – A Port Chester police officer was arrested for driving while intoxicated Wednesday after an accident involving three vehicles on I-287 in Harrison, according to LoHud.com.
Jose A. Nieves, 40, was booked by New York State troopers and held in his own department, according to the report.
The accident involving the off-duty officer happened at approximately 2 a.m. Wednesday morning after Nieves rear-ended an unoccupied parked construction vehicle, the report said. A chemical test showed that Nieves’ blood alcohol content was 0.13 percent, the report said.
- 1 State Police Warn Rye Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 Mourners Gather At Vigil, Seeking Solace After Harrison Shooting Deaths
- 4 Hundreds Pay Respects To Slain Harrison Sisters During Calling Hours
- 5 Regional Task Force To Reduce Deer Population Proposed After Rye Meeting