RYE BROOK, N.Y. -- Police confirmed Monday that a car parked in an attached garage at 9 Maywood Ave. was found out of gas, leading them to suspect it had been left running.
The discovery was made while investigating the deaths of two people from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning, Rye Brook Police Chief Gerald Austin told Daily Voice on Monday.
A family member told lohud.com that the deceased occupants of the home were Carl Persson, 85, the property owner, and step-grandson, Joseph Pendrak, 50.
They both were found dead in their beds about noon, police reported earlier on Monday.
Persson was a retired Teamster union member, according to lohud, and Pendrak had worked in the hospitality business but was out on disability.
Check back to Daily Voice for more on this developing story.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.