Reports of a woman trapped in a Fairview basement fire proved unfounded, and a dryer blaze was quickly extinguished Tuesday afternoon, authorities told Daily Voice.
The apartment house fire, reported at 4:22 p.m., kept Broad Avenue closed for about an hour, Deputy Police Chief Martin Kahn said.
Emergency responders got everyone out, including the wheelchair-bound woman — who was in an apartment and not the laundry room, Kahn said.
Firefighters contained the blaze to the dryer, he said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.