RYE, N.Y. -- Several police departments, including the Rye Police, responded to a report of a recent armed home invasion that was later determined to be a hoax, known as "swatting," according to LoHud.com.
Between 30 and 40 officers from the Rye, Harrison and Westchester County police departments responded to the call, searched the home and found nothing, LoHud.com reported.
The Rye Police have been "swatted" before. Two years ago a 14-year-old called in a false home invasion and shooting that triggered a SWAT team response, Lohud.com said.
- 1 Police Pursue Bank Robbery Suspect In Downtown Rye
- 2 Plane Skids Off Runway At LaGuardia Airport, All Flights Diverted
- 3 Father Hid Computer Hard Drive After Harrison Murder-Suicide, Report Says
- 4 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 5 Rye Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm