RYE, N.Y. -- Several police departments, including the Rye Police, responded to a report of a recent armed home invasion that was later determined to be a hoax, known as "swatting," according to LoHud.com.
Between 30 and 40 officers from the Rye, Harrison and Westchester County police departments responded to the call, searched the home and found nothing, LoHud.com reported.
The Rye Police have been "swatted" before. Two years ago a 14-year-old called in a false home invasion and shooting that triggered a SWAT team response, Lohud.com said.
- 1 Suspect Charged In Rye 'Bicycle Bandit' Robbery
- 2 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 3 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 4 Amber Alert Issued For 5-Year-Old Forcibly Taken By Two Men
- 5 Renowned Building Team Finishes Construction On New Home In Rye