RYE, N.Y. -- Several police departments, including the Rye Police, responded to a report of a recent armed home invasion that was later determined to be a hoax, known as "swatting," according to LoHud.com.
Between 30 and 40 officers from the Rye, Harrison and Westchester County police departments responded to the call, searched the home and found nothing, LoHud.com reported.
The Rye Police have been "swatted" before. Two years ago a 14-year-old called in a false home invasion and shooting that triggered a SWAT team response, Lohud.com said.
- 1 Rye Brook Teen, 16, ID'd In Fatal Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 Snow Likely In Rye On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Soccer Goal Safety Bill Rooted In Rye Brook Signed Into State Law
- 4 Wake, Funeral Service Scheduled For Port Chester Crash Victim
- 5 Rye Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday