RYE, N.Y. -- Several police departments, including the Rye Police, responded to a report of a recent armed home invasion that was later determined to be a hoax, known as "swatting," according to LoHud.com.
Between 30 and 40 officers from the Rye, Harrison and Westchester County police departments responded to the call, searched the home and found nothing, LoHud.com reported.
The Rye Police have been "swatted" before. Two years ago a 14-year-old called in a false home invasion and shooting that triggered a SWAT team response, Lohud.com said.
- 1 Rye High School, Middle School Evacuated After Bomb Threat
- 2 Rye Students Evacuated After 'Bomb Threat' Note Found In Boys Bathroom
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact Rye On Wednesday
- 4 Ellen Page, Julianne Moore Film 'Freeheld' At Rye Brook Gas Station
- 5 Legislator Parker Will Hold Meeting On Future Of Rye Playland