RYE, N.Y. -- Several police departments, including the Rye Police, responded to a report of a recent armed home invasion that was later determined to be a hoax, known as "swatting," according to LoHud.com.
Between 30 and 40 officers from the Rye, Harrison and Westchester County police departments responded to the call, searched the home and found nothing, LoHud.com reported.
The Rye Police have been "swatted" before. Two years ago a 14-year-old called in a false home invasion and shooting that triggered a SWAT team response, Lohud.com said.
- 1 Two Rye Residents Make Forbes 400 Billionaire List
- 2 Renovated Starbucks Reopen In Rye, Rye Brook, White Plains
- 3 It's A Girl: Westchester's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth
- 4 Halloween In Sleepy Hollow Country Kicks Off This Weekend
- 5 Rumors Of Gun In Rye School Tops News Last Week