RYE, N.Y. - Thomas O. Hagele of Rye died March 23. He was 90.
Hagale was born Aug. 2, 1923, in Port Chester, but he continued to live in Rye for the remainder of his life. He enlisted in the military during World War II in January 1943. He served in Greenland and throughout Europe as a PFC and was discharged in December 1945. He owned the Rye Liquor Store for 47 years.
Hagale is survived by his wife, Jane; children, Thomas M. Hagele, Margaret Hogben and Anne M. Beguiristain; and several grandchildren.
Calling hours are Wednesday, March 26 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Graham Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, March 27 at the Church of the Resurrection.
In lieu of flowers, donations for Hagale may be made to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA).
- 1 Rye Country Day Among Smartest Private Schools In Nation
- 2 Francis C. Rooney Of Rye, Who Helped Transform Retail Business, Dies At 93
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Rye
- 4 Manhattan Building Collapses After Apparent Gas Explosion
- 5 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show