RYE, N.Y. - Thomas O. Hagele of Rye died March 23. He was 90.
Hagale was born Aug. 2, 1923, in Port Chester, but he continued to live in Rye for the remainder of his life. He enlisted in the military during World War II in January 1943. He served in Greenland and throughout Europe as a PFC and was discharged in December 1945. He owned the Rye Liquor Store for 47 years.
Hagale is survived by his wife, Jane; children, Thomas M. Hagele, Margaret Hogben and Anne M. Beguiristain; and several grandchildren.
Calling hours are Wednesday, March 26 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Graham Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, March 27 at the Church of the Resurrection.
In lieu of flowers, donations for Hagale may be made to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA).
- 1 Rye, Blind Brook High Schools Rank Among Best In New York
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Rye; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 3 Two-Car Crash Closes Boston Post Road In Rye During Rush-Hour
- 4 Rye Schools Briefly Evacuated Due To Gas Odor
- 5 Rye Playland Reportedly To Remain Under County Control Next Season