RYE, N.Y. – Rosalind Jacobs, formerly of Rye and Somers, died Jan. 9 at the Jewish Home for the Elderly in Fairfield, Conn. She was 95.
Born May 19, 1917, in the Bronx, she was the daughter of Reuben and Augusta Levy Kronish. Raised in the Inwood neighborhood of Manhattan, she lived in the Greenhaven section of Rye and then Somers before moving to Fairfield several years ago to be closer to her family.
Jacobs was a retired bookkeeper and secretary, working at Premet Silks, a business owned by her husband and son Gary in New York City. She was a former member of the Greenhaven Yacht Club and the Mamaroneck Beach and Yacht Club.
She enjoyed spending time on the family boat during the summer. She also volunteered for the Dorothy Karrot League, Children's Blood Foundation, Westchester Chapter of New York Hospital, Rye Neck High School PTA, Rye Neck High School Scholarship Fund and the Somers Hadassah.
Visitation is from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday at Lesko & Polke Funeral Home in Fairfield Center. Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with Cantor Sheri Blum officiating. Burial will follow at 1:15 p.m. at King David Cemetery in Putnam Valley, N.Y.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Jewish Home for the Elderly, 175 Jefferson St., Fairfield, CT 06825.
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 2 Newly Named Playland Manager Says His Love Of Park Will Inspire Makeover
- 3 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 5 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed