CAPE COD, Mass. - Roger F. Olsen of Cape Cod, formerly of Rye, N.Y., Sunday, Jan. 5. He was 80.
Olsen was born Dec. 12, 1933, in Port Chester, N.Y.; son of Charles and Anna Olsen. He served in the U.S. Navy from 1953 to 1956. He then moved to Rye, New York in 1962 where he raised his family and served as a firefighter for The City Of Rye from 1963 until his retirement in 1988. During this period he also served as first President of Local 2029 of the International Association of Firefighters. Upon retirement, he and Gladys relocated to Cape Cod, where they retired.
Olsen is survived by his wife, Gladys; children, Roger, Jr. (Astrid) Olsen of Stamford, Conn., Christy (Steven) Groglio of Garrison and Cynthia (Wayne) Sevecke of Cortlandt Manor; 10 grandchildren; sister-in-law, Sharon (Walter) Redstone; brothers-in-law, Richard Smith and Donald Smith (Sue); several cousins; and nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; brothers, Charles, Robert; and sisters, Mary, Anna and Eleanor.
Calling hours are Thursday, Jan. 9 from 3 to 8 p.m. A Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 10 at The Church of the Resurrection in Rye. Interment will follow at Greenwood Union Cemetery on North Street in Rye, New York.
For more information, please visit: www.grahamfuneralhomerye.com/
- 1 Snow Could Return To Rye For Monday Morning Commute
- 2 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 3 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 4 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 5 Driver Crashes Into Gate At Chappaqua Railroad Crossing