RYE, N.Y. - Peggy (Perosca) Conway of Rye died April 30. She was 85.
Conway was born Aug. 9, 1928, in Florence Italy, an was the daughter of Modesto Marconcini and Amalia Cini Marconcini. She was a graduate of the University of Pisa where she received her BA degree. During her career she was an interpreter on the SS Argentina while working for the Holms Italian Lines Steamship based in Genoa, Italy. In 1954 she worked for Page Studios on Park Avenue, New York, as an assistant actuary at Marsh & McClean on Wall Street and at CM Almy and Sons in Rye and Greenwich, Conn., from 1993 to 2007.
She was involved with the Evergreen Twig in Rye and was an Italian language instructor at the Wainwright House in Rye.
Conway is survived by her husband, Robert J.; children, Richard (Peggy Como) Conway of Rye, Carolyn (Dwight) Ryan of White Plains, Robert (Connie Sharar) Conway Jr. of Glenrock, N.J., Daniel (Michelle La Dore) Conway of Rye, Leslie (Charles ) Lewkowicz of Greenwich, Conn., and Sharon Conway of Manchester, Vt.; and nine grandchildren.
Calling hours are Sunday, May 4 from 1 to 3 and 6 to 8 p.m. at the Graham Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday, May 5 at the Church of the Resurrection.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 3 State Police Warn Rye Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York