RYE, N.Y. – Patrick J. Lyons, a 43-year resident of Rye, died Oct. 3. He was 81.
Lyons was born Sept. 21, 1931, in New York City to Stephen W. and Margaret Flaherty Lyons. He graduated from Power Memorial High School in New York City and served in the Navy during the Korean War.
He then joined the Fire Department of New York. Upon retirement, he became the owner of Lyons Den Bar and Restaurant in the Bronx, N.Y.
He is survived by his wife of 56 years, the former Margaret M. Mangan.
Lyons is also survived by five children, Jeanne A. Lyons, Patrick S. (Donna) Lyons, Michael J. (Mary) Lyons, Kevin T. (Marci) Lyons and Marianne J. (Paul) Dingwall; a brother, Timothy M. Lyons; and nine grandchildren. He was predeceased by a brother, Stephen P. Lyons.
Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m., Thursday, at Graham Funeral Home in Rye. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m., Friday, at Church of the Resurrection in Rye.
- 1 Rye High School Graduate Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 3 Deer Ticks Can Transmit Deadly Powassan Virus
- 4 Man Pleads Guilty To Vehicular Homicide After Hitting DOT Truck In Rye
- 5 County Legislators Discuss Timetable, Concerns For New Manager At Playland