RYE, N.Y. – Patrick J. Lyons, a 43-year resident of Rye, died Oct. 3. He was 81.
Lyons was born Sept. 21, 1931, in New York City to Stephen W. and Margaret Flaherty Lyons. He graduated from Power Memorial High School in New York City and served in the Navy during the Korean War.
He then joined the Fire Department of New York. Upon retirement, he became the owner of Lyons Den Bar and Restaurant in the Bronx, N.Y.
He is survived by his wife of 56 years, the former Margaret M. Mangan.
Lyons is also survived by five children, Jeanne A. Lyons, Patrick S. (Donna) Lyons, Michael J. (Mary) Lyons, Kevin T. (Marci) Lyons and Marianne J. (Paul) Dingwall; a brother, Timothy M. Lyons; and nine grandchildren. He was predeceased by a brother, Stephen P. Lyons.
Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m., Thursday, at Graham Funeral Home in Rye. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m., Friday, at Church of the Resurrection in Rye.
- 1 Rye Country Day Among Smartest Private Schools In Nation
- 2 Francis C. Rooney Of Rye, Who Helped Transform Retail Business, Dies At 93
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Rye
- 4 Manhattan Building Collapses After Apparent Gas Explosion
- 5 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show