RYE, N.Y. - Jessie Blackhall Payne, of Rye died April 8. She was 99.
Payne was born June 3, 1914, in Hollis, N.Y., to Alfred and Williamina Blackhall. She was a lifelong resident of Rye. She was a registered nurse and worked in that capacity at Playland.
Payne is survived by her daughter-in-law, Laurie Payne; two grandsons; and five great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Gordon S. Payne; and son, David S. Payne.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, April 14 at the Rye Presbyterian Church, with interment at the Greenwood Union Cemetery following the service.
- 1 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 2 Westchester Hosting Veterans Appreciation Day At Rye Playland
- 3 Body Pulled From Hudson ID'd As Missing Kayaker In Murder Case
- 4 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says