RYE, N.Y. - Jessie Blackhall Payne, of Rye died April 8. She was 99.
Payne was born June 3, 1914, in Hollis, N.Y., to Alfred and Williamina Blackhall. She was a lifelong resident of Rye. She was a registered nurse and worked in that capacity at Playland.
Payne is survived by her daughter-in-law, Laurie Payne; two grandsons; and five great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Gordon S. Payne; and son, David S. Payne.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, April 14 at the Rye Presbyterian Church, with interment at the Greenwood Union Cemetery following the service.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Rye's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Rye's Silver Among Westchester Trio Of Pro Sports Leaders
- 5 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures