RYE, N.Y. - Jessie Blackhall Payne, of Rye died April 8. She was 99.
Payne was born June 3, 1914, in Hollis, N.Y., to Alfred and Williamina Blackhall. She was a lifelong resident of Rye. She was a registered nurse and worked in that capacity at Playland.
Payne is survived by her daughter-in-law, Laurie Payne; two grandsons; and five great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Gordon S. Payne; and son, David S. Payne.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, April 14 at the Rye Presbyterian Church, with interment at the Greenwood Union Cemetery following the service.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash