RYE, N.Y. – Anne-Marie "Mary" Saracino, a 66-year Rye resident, died Dec. 10. She was 93.
Saracino and her late husband owned Rye Shoe Store and Marc's Bootery on Purchase Street for many years.
She was born April 7, 1919, in Greenwich, Conn., to Lillian and John Castronovo. She attended Greenwich schools and worked for A.J. Norris Interior Decorators and Ruth Johnson Interior Design.
She married Marc Saracino March 30, 1942. She worked at Witek's Soundview Studios, an interior decorating firm, until her husband left to serve in the U.S. Army during World War II.
While her husband was in the Army, Saracino worked at McGuire's Industries in Stamford. She also worked as a professional seamstress, was an avid golfer and bowler, loved to travel and dance and was a regular parishioner of Resurrection Church.
She is survived by three children, Sandee Turnesa and Marc (Anne Marie) Saracino. Both of Rye, and Michael (Gayle) Saracino, of Stamford, Conn.; two sisters, Grace Castronovo, of Greenwich, and Eleanor Orrico, of Cos Cob, Conn.; an aunt; nine grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by five brothers, Frank, Ralph, John, Patrick and Michael.
Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Graham Funeral Home in Rye. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday at Church of the Resurrection in Rye.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to a favorite organization.
- 1 Rye Teacher Can Return To Classroom Two Years After Being Placed On Leave
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Fugitives Planned To Flee To Mexico, Split Five Days Before Manhunt Ended
- 5 FBI Probing Whether Prison Escapees Were Involed In Heroin Trafficking Ring