WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Dr. Valiere Alcena, longtime member of the White Plains Hospital medical staff, was honored at a reception by the Einstein Chapter of the Student National Medical Association for his contributions to science and the profession of medicine.
Alcena joined the medical staff of White Plains Hospital in the late 1970's, when he founded and served as the medical director of what is now the Slater Neighborhood Health Fair, which provides valuable screenings and health information to hundreds of under-insured individuals in the White Plains community every spring.
A long-respected leader in internal medicine, hematology, oncology and community service, Alcena is the author of numerous books on racial and ethnic health disparities.
Visit wphospital.org to learn more.
- 1 Snow Could Return To Rye For Monday Morning Commute
- 2 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 3 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 4 Driver Crashes Into Gate At Chappaqua Railroad Crossing
- 5 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed