PORT CHESTER/RYE, N.Y. – Here’s a list of all municipal closings and sanitation schedule changes for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day in Port Chester, Rye and Rye Brook:
Monday, Dec. 31, New Year's Eve • All Rye City Schools, Port Chester-Rye Public Schools and Blind Brook Schools are closed.
• Rye Brook Village Hall is closed. Port Chester Village Hall and Rye City Hall are open.
Tuesday, Jan. 1, New Year's Day
• All Rye City Schools, Port Chester-Rye Public Schools and Blind Brook Schools are closed.
• All post offices and government offices are closed.
• Rye Free Reading Room and the Port Chester-Rye Brook Public Library are closed.
Sanitation Schedule Changes:
• In Rye, trash pickup dates will change due to the holiday. If you are unsure ask a neighbor or call the Public Works Department Sanitation Hotline at 914-967-4246 for your neighborhood schedule.
• In Port Chester, Tuesday pickup shifts to Wednesday, and there will be no bulk trash or greenwaste collection Wednesday. Monday, Thursday and Friday collections are unchanged. For more information, call the Department of Public Works at 914-939-5207 for your neighborhood’s holiday schedule.
• In Rye Brook, on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday garbage pickup will remain the same. Tuesday garbage collection will be collected Wednesday. Recycling schedules remains the same. There will be no bulk trash collection or green waste collection this week.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.