RYE, N.Y. -- A gathering of current and founding board members of the Westchester Children’s Museum came together on Tuesday, April 12, to cut the ribbon to officially open the doors of the museum, now open year round. The Museum features 6,500-square-feet of exhibit and program space.
The museum has the following features:
- KEVA Planks Construction and Design Zone
- Build Your Own Roller Coaster in the Con Edison Energy Gallery
- The Toddler Beach in the Curry Automotive Gallery
- Reading Zone, sponsored by the Make a Difference with Loukoumi Foundation
- Makerspaces exploring science and creativity
- Wind Tunnel Design Challenge
- Shadow and Light Play
During the event, the museum honored its long-time supporters Alix Laager of Larchmont and her mother Lisina Hoch of Irvington.