PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- More than 500 Port Chester residents lost power Thursday night after a truck hit a utility pole.
The truck hit the pole at the intersection of Broad Street and Westchester Avenue at 11: 35 p.m. Thursday, according to Con Edison spokesperson Sidney Alvarez. The accident caused damage, which knocked out power to 558 customers in the area.
Crews were dispatched to restore power to the area, Alvarez said. By 5 a.m. they had restored power to all but about 60 customers, but Alvarez said that by 10 a.m. power had been completely restored.
- 1 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 2 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says
- 5 Schumer Calls For Harsher 'Swatting' Penalties In Visit To Westchester