PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- More than 500 Port Chester residents lost power Thursday night after a truck hit a utility pole.
The truck hit the pole at the intersection of Broad Street and Westchester Avenue at 11: 35 p.m. Thursday, according to Con Edison spokesperson Sidney Alvarez. The accident caused damage, which knocked out power to 558 customers in the area.
Crews were dispatched to restore power to the area, Alvarez said. By 5 a.m. they had restored power to all but about 60 customers, but Alvarez said that by 10 a.m. power had been completely restored.
- 1 Rye High School, Middle School Evacuated After Bomb Threat
- 2 Rye Students Evacuated After 'Bomb Threat' Note Found In Boys Bathroom
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact Rye On Wednesday
- 4 Ellen Page, Julianne Moore Film 'Freeheld' At Rye Brook Gas Station
- 5 Latest Rye Brook Celeb Sighting: Michael Shannon Of 'Boardwalk Empire'