RYE, N.Y. - Check out what's happening in and around Rye this week.
-The Village of Rye Brook is sponsoring a free information session on "Everything You Need to Know About Adoption" inside Crawford Park Mansion from 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
-Resurrection School welcomes all to visit the school for an open house and class observation from 8:45 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
- The Osborn is hosting a winter coat drive from 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Donations in the form of new or clean, gently used men's and women's coats can be dropped at the Osborn's resale shop, Miriam's Attic.
- The Rye Board of Education will hold a special meeting on Tuesday at the Central Administration Building located at 411 Theodore Fremd Ave.
-Join area knitters from 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. at the Rye Free Reading Room for their weekly handwork circle.
- Resurrection's Open House continues on Wednesday with an additional class observation period from 12:15 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
-T he Milton School's PTO will meet at 9:15 a.m. at the school.
- The Thursday Afternoon Book Group will meet at 1:15 p.m at the Rye Free Reading Room to discuss the "Enchantress of Florence" by Salman Rushdie. All are welcome to come while copies of the book can be found at the circulation desk.
- The Village of Rye Brook's Environmental Conservation Council will meet at the Village Hall on King Street at 7:30 p.m.
- The Technology and Communication Commission for the village of Rye Brook will meet at the Village Hall at 8:00 p.m.
-Midland School's third grade students will participate in Science Night from 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- The Book Cafe Group will meet at 9:30 a.m. inside the Rye Free Reading Room to discuss "fathermothergod: My Journey Out of Christian Science" by Lucia Greenhouse. For more information of Lucia and her book check out this article in the Daily Rye.
- Teen Game Night at the Rye Free Reading Room is offered on the first Friday of every month from 3:15 p.m. and allows kids to play Wii on the big screen.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.