RYE, N.Y. - Here is a listing of some of the weekly events going on this week in Rye, Rye Brook, and Port Chester.
- Come check out "Monday Mother Goose" at the Rye Free Reading Room every Monday from 10:00-10:20 a.m. or 10:45-11:05 a.m.. The program is meant for children ages 6 months to three and a half years.
- The Rye Arts Center's "Look at Me: Contemporary Portraiture" Exhibit will be on display from Tuesday through Saturday in the gallery from 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- The Rye Free Reading Room's Current Events Book Group will be meeting on Tuesday from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. to discuss "What's Gotten into Us?: Staying Healthy in a Toxic World" by McKay Jenkins.
- The Rye Free Reading Room is offering English Second Language classes with instructor Vincent Byrne every Wednesday from 12:15 p.m.-1:30 p.m. Class size is limited. Please call 231-3161 for information or to sign up.
- Friday night is Teen Night at the Rye YMCA . Starting at 7:00 p.m., the Y is offering both members and non-members alike three hours of basketball, swimming, working out, video games, air hockey, pool, ping pong, and foosball.
- From 3:00-4:30 p.m. on Friday the Rye Free Reading Room is hosting a Teen Focus Group to collect ideas for the library's new teen space. Free refreshments will be served.
- The Rye Free Reading Room's Fun Club will meet on Friday from 3:30-4:30 p.m. in the children's room to celebrate the author of Alice in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll's, birthday.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.