RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye this week:
- Near-blizzard conditions brought more than half-a-foot of snow and sub-zero temperatures to Rye on Thursday night into Friday.
- Rye is moving ahead with its goal to outsource the management of the Whitby Castle restaurant at Rye Golf Club, and will begin analyzing proposals over the coming weeks.
- A Ridgefield, Conn., man has been arrested in connection with a hit-and-run accident in Greenwich, Conn. that killed a 21-year-old woman.
- Westchester County Police on patrol on several of the county parkways in Yonkers arrested seven people in the early hours of New Year's Day on driving while intoxicated or drug charges.
- Travelers looking to head back home after a lengthy holiday vacation saw their plans changed on Thursday, as an expected snowstorm forced Westchester County airport to cancel all flights.
- 1 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site Near Rye City Border Moves Forward
- 2 Rye Brook Landlord Negotiates Settlement With D'Agostino Supermarket
- 3 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 4 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 5 Three Different Ryes Can Be Confusing In Westchester