RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye last week:
- Two people who were trapped Thursday morning, July 31, after a trench collapsed at a work scene at 15 Bradford Ave. in Rye were rescued, police said.
- Westchester County police have identified the mN who died early Wednesday, July 30, when his car left the Saw Mill River Parkway at the Ardsley exit ramp, crashed through a railing and plunged about 30 feet to the ground.
- Though she is encumbered with the heaviness of grief, Harry Devert's mother remains grateful her son lived his short life to the fullest.
- The Connecticut Economy, the University of Connecticut’s quarterly magazine, released a 50-state U.S. index of the best states for women’s economic opportunities, which ranked New York State as the second-best state for women.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 FBI Probing Whether Prison Escapees Were Involed In Heroin Trafficking Ring
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line