RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye this week:
- A fourth-grade teacher from Osborn Elementary School in Rye is suing the school district and several individual board members for $1 million for damaging her reputation and keeping her away from her job.
- The children of New York gubernatorial candidate County Executive Rob Astorino are among thousands of students boycotting the New York State Common Core English Language Arts exam Astorino announced in a video.
- Sustainable Playland Inc. announced it will not participate in the review of its Playland Improvement Plan until Westchester County resolves outstanding issues with the City of Rye and a lawsuit filed by County Legislator Ken Jenkins.
After more than a decade of planning and fund-raising, the Westchester Children’s Museum is aiming to begin construction at Playland in Rye this year, with an eye to opening in 2015.
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 Six Rye High School Standouts Commit To College Sports
- 3 Rye Brook Teen, 16, ID'd In Fatal Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 Nat'l Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change In Rye Crash, Police Say
- 5 IRS Warns Rye Residents Of Phone Scam