Rye Students, Teachers Ill After Country Club Event

  • Comment
More than 100 Rye students and faculty members were infected with a suspected norovirus while attending an awards dinner.
More than 100 Rye students and faculty members were infected with a suspected norovirus while attending an awards dinner. Photo Credit: File

RYE, N.Y. -- More than 100 Rye High School students and faculty members have fallen ill after they were reportedly exposed to a norovirus during an awards dinner at Willow Ridge Country Club in Harrison on Wednesday, April 30, according to LoHud.com.

The Westchester County Department of Health has notified anyone who may have been exposed to the virus, LoHud.com reported. 

The country club facilities as well as Rye High and Middle Schools have been sanitized to prevent any further contamination, LoHud.com said. 

All of those who were infected are expected to recover, according to LoHud.com. 

Click here to read the full article. 

  • Comment

Comments