RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye this week:
- Michael James Rath, a Rye native and a freshman at Coastal Carolina University , was found dead in his apartment on Wednesday and authorities are now investigating the cause of his death, according to CarolinaLive.com.
- Thousands of commuters were stranded for hours on Thursday evening after a system-wide computer malfunction stopped all three of the Metro-North train lines
- A surprise storm dumped nearly a foot of snow on Rye and brought single-digit temperatures with it.
- Mount Pleasant Police Chief Brian Fanelli was arraigned on child pornography charges Thursday afternoon at the federal courthouse in White Plains.
- A 29-year-old Bronx man and former employee of the New York State Power Authority was arraigned in Westchester County Court in White Plains on Wednesday after he allegedly stole nearly $3,000 in gas using state gas cards over the course of more than a year.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo is “sitting pretty” with a 50-point advantage in matchups against potential Republican challengers Rob Astorino and Donald Trump , according to a Siena Research Institute poll released this week.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.