RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye this week:
- With the Rye City School District facing a $2.7 million increase in its budget next year, officials are weighing options to control a potential budget shortfall.
- The size of the field house proposed at Rye Playland has been scaled back as county legislators begin analyzing Sustainable Playland Inc.'s plans to renovate the amusement park.
- A Danbury resident and teacher at the Convent of the Sacred Heart turned himself in to Greenwich police Tuesday after a warrant was issued for his arrest on charges of having inappropriate sexual contact with a student.
- A gas explosion destroyed a building in Harlem, killed at least eight people and shut down Metro-North service for hours.
- 1 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 2 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 3 Westchester Educators Call On Cuomo To 'Get It Right'
- 4 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says