RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye this week:
- With the Rye City School District facing a $2.7 million increase in its budget next year, officials are weighing options to control a potential budget shortfall.
- The size of the field house proposed at Rye Playland has been scaled back as county legislators begin analyzing Sustainable Playland Inc.'s plans to renovate the amusement park.
- A Danbury resident and teacher at the Convent of the Sacred Heart turned himself in to Greenwich police Tuesday after a warrant was issued for his arrest on charges of having inappropriate sexual contact with a student.
- A gas explosion destroyed a building in Harlem, killed at least eight people and shut down Metro-North service for hours.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Rye High School Is Evacuated After Bomb Threat, Basketball Game Canceled
- 3 Sen. Latimer's Rye Home Goes Into Foreclosure
- 4 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 5 Renowned Building Team Finishes Construction On New Home In Rye