RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye this week:
- With the Rye City School District facing a $2.7 million increase in its budget next year, officials are weighing options to control a potential budget shortfall.
- The size of the field house proposed at Rye Playland has been scaled back as county legislators begin analyzing Sustainable Playland Inc.'s plans to renovate the amusement park.
- A Danbury resident and teacher at the Convent of the Sacred Heart turned himself in to Greenwich police Tuesday after a warrant was issued for his arrest on charges of having inappropriate sexual contact with a student.
- A gas explosion destroyed a building in Harlem, killed at least eight people and shut down Metro-North service for hours.
- 1 Rye High School Graduate Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Deer Ticks Can Transmit Deadly Powassan Virus
- 3 Man Pleads Guilty To Vehicular Homicide After Hitting DOT Truck In Rye
- 4 County Legislators Discuss Timetable, Concerns For New Manager At Playland
- 5 Schools In Westchester Reporting High Test Opt-Out Rates