RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye this week:
- Voters passed the Rye City schools $79.36 million budget by more than a two-to-one margin Tuesday night and incumbent Karen Belnager and newcomer Blake Jines-Story won the election for two seats on the Board of Education, according to unofficial results.
- Rye photojournalist and first responder Lester J. Millman will have a photograph in the permanent exhibit at the World Trade Center Museum.
- A Port Chester police officer was arrested for driving while intoxicated Wednesday after an accident involving three vehicles on I-287 in Harrison.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo has named former U.S. Rep. Kathleen C. Hochul as his running mate on the Democratic ticket.
- 1 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester, Rye, Mamaroneck To Halt Hunting Plans
- 2 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 3 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 4 Memorial Day Parade Returns To Rye For Second Year
- 5 Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Westchester Depositors