RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye this week:
- Voters passed the Rye City schools $79.36 million budget by more than a two-to-one margin Tuesday night and incumbent Karen Belnager and newcomer Blake Jines-Story won the election for two seats on the Board of Education, according to unofficial results.
- Rye photojournalist and first responder Lester J. Millman will have a photograph in the permanent exhibit at the World Trade Center Museum.
- A Port Chester police officer was arrested for driving while intoxicated Wednesday after an accident involving three vehicles on I-287 in Harrison.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo has named former U.S. Rep. Kathleen C. Hochul as his running mate on the Democratic ticket.
- 1 Rye Police Identify High School Student Charged In Latest Bomb Threat
- 2 Rye Police Make Arrest In High School Bomb Threats
- 3 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 5 Rye Country Day Among Smartest Private Schools In Nation