RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye last week:
- Rye police assisted, when the Greenwich Police marine unit saved five people from a sinking 26-foot Bayliner boat Saturday night, Aug. 16, in Long Island Sound just inside Greenwich waters.
- The New York State Police launched the state-wide "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over" campaign on Friday, Aug. 15 that will run until Monday, Sept. 1, officials said.
- In a case that has drawn attention from throughout the area, the medical examiner’s office has ruled the death of a Ridgefield baby a homicide, according to a report on NBCConnecticut.com.
- Police have released descriptions of the three suspects in the Tourneau jewelry store smash-and-grab robbery in The Westchester Mall on Sunday.
- 1 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner
- 2 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 3 Police Investigating Reports Of Shots Fired In Harrison
- 4 'Property Brothers' Looking For Westchester Residents To Appear In TV Show
- 5 Meteor Shower From Halley's Comet Tail Will Be Visible In Westchester