RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye last week:
- Rye police assisted, when the Greenwich Police marine unit saved five people from a sinking 26-foot Bayliner boat Saturday night, Aug. 16, in Long Island Sound just inside Greenwich waters.
- The New York State Police launched the state-wide "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over" campaign on Friday, Aug. 15 that will run until Monday, Sept. 1, officials said.
- In a case that has drawn attention from throughout the area, the medical examiner’s office has ruled the death of a Ridgefield baby a homicide, according to a report on NBCConnecticut.com.
- Police have released descriptions of the three suspects in the Tourneau jewelry store smash-and-grab robbery in The Westchester Mall on Sunday.
- 1 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester, Rye, Mamaroneck To Halt Hunting Plans
- 2 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 3 Westchester Hosting Veterans Appreciation Day At Rye Playland
- 4 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 5 Police Asking Public's Help In Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs