RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye last week:
- Rye police assisted, when the Greenwich Police marine unit saved five people from a sinking 26-foot Bayliner boat Saturday night, Aug. 16, in Long Island Sound just inside Greenwich waters.
- The New York State Police launched the state-wide "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over" campaign on Friday, Aug. 15 that will run until Monday, Sept. 1, officials said.
- In a case that has drawn attention from throughout the area, the medical examiner’s office has ruled the death of a Ridgefield baby a homicide, according to a report on NBCConnecticut.com.
- Police have released descriptions of the three suspects in the Tourneau jewelry store smash-and-grab robbery in The Westchester Mall on Sunday.
- 1 Soccer Goal Safety Bill Rooted In Rye Brook Signed Into State Law
- 2 Teenager Killed In Crash Near Port Chester High School Mourned By Hundreds
- 3 Rye Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Wake, Funeral Service Scheduled For Port Chester Crash Victim
- 5 Blind Brook School District Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday