RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye last week:
- Westchester County Board of Legislators Chairman Michael Kaplowitz (D – Somers) wants to get moving on Rye Playland.
- Although it’s been a local staple for nearly a century, the Westchester County Country Club is one of several county locations that can’t call one place home.
- Two lanes have reopened on northbound I-95 after a two-vehicle accident between I-287 (Exit 21) and Delavan Avenue in Greenwich led to stop-and-go traffic during the Tuesday morning commute.
- Three students, including one from Rye, represented Greenwich Ballet Academy at the prestigious regional competition of the Youth America Grand Prix held in Providence, R.I.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Rye; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Rye, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Rye Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell