RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye last week:
- Westchester County Board of Legislators Chairman Michael Kaplowitz (D – Somers) wants to get moving on Rye Playland.
- Although it’s been a local staple for nearly a century, the Westchester County Country Club is one of several county locations that can’t call one place home.
- Two lanes have reopened on northbound I-95 after a two-vehicle accident between I-287 (Exit 21) and Delavan Avenue in Greenwich led to stop-and-go traffic during the Tuesday morning commute.
- Three students, including one from Rye, represented Greenwich Ballet Academy at the prestigious regional competition of the Youth America Grand Prix held in Providence, R.I.
- 1 Soccer Goal Safety Bill Rooted In Rye Brook Signed Into State Law
- 2 Teenager Killed In Crash Near Port Chester High School Mourned By Hundreds
- 3 Rye Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Blind Brook School District Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday
- 5 Rye Businessman Gives Back Through Buses, Books, Pajamas