RYE, N.Y. -- Rye native and noted journalist Joe McGinniss died on Monday, March 10, according to The New York Times. He was 71 years old.
McGinniss is perhaps best known for his long-form profiles of political figures. His book "The Selling of the President 1968" outlined the GOP's efforts to rebrand Richard Nixon following his failed campaigns for the presidency in 1960 and California governor in 1962, The Times reported.
McGinniss also made a splash with "Fatal Vision," which was a true crime report on the trial of effrey MacDonald who was an Army doctor accused of murdering his wife and two daughters, The Times said.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Rye; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Rye, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Rye
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Controlling Deer Population In Rye, Mamaroneck Targeted