RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye this week:
- The first Rye Memorial Day parade held in 30 years brought out hundreds of spectators. American Legion Post 128 led the parade down Purchase Street to the Village Green on Monday, May 26, for a program honoring those who died in combat.
- The Rye YMCA hosted a free event for seniors on Wednesday, May 28, in honor of Senior Health and Fitness Day.
- A tractor-trailer caught fire on Interstate 95 southbound about a quarter-mile past Exit 4 in Greenwich, Conn., near the New York border and delayed traffic all the way back through Stamford, Conn., and into Darien, Conn., Thursday afternoon.
- Rye-based developer Alfred Weissman Real Estate, LLC, recently announced plans to build a $15 million, 150-room hotel on Tuckahoe Road in Yonkers, according to the Westchester County Business Journal.
- 1 Rye, Rye Brook Ranked Among Safest Places To Live In New York
- 2 Port Chester Drug Bust Leads To 20th Illegal Gun Recovered In 2014
- 3 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 4 Purchase-SUNY Adds Masters Program That Combines Arts, Entrepreneurship
- 5 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks