RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye this week:
- The first Rye Memorial Day parade held in 30 years brought out hundreds of spectators. American Legion Post 128 led the parade down Purchase Street to the Village Green on Monday, May 26, for a program honoring those who died in combat.
- The Rye YMCA hosted a free event for seniors on Wednesday, May 28, in honor of Senior Health and Fitness Day.
- A tractor-trailer caught fire on Interstate 95 southbound about a quarter-mile past Exit 4 in Greenwich, Conn., near the New York border and delayed traffic all the way back through Stamford, Conn., and into Darien, Conn., Thursday afternoon.
- Rye-based developer Alfred Weissman Real Estate, LLC, recently announced plans to build a $15 million, 150-room hotel on Tuckahoe Road in Yonkers, according to the Westchester County Business Journal.
- 1 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 2 State Police Warn Rye Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield