RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye this week:
- The first Rye Memorial Day parade held in 30 years brought out hundreds of spectators. American Legion Post 128 led the parade down Purchase Street to the Village Green on Monday, May 26, for a program honoring those who died in combat.
- The Rye YMCA hosted a free event for seniors on Wednesday, May 28, in honor of Senior Health and Fitness Day.
- A tractor-trailer caught fire on Interstate 95 southbound about a quarter-mile past Exit 4 in Greenwich, Conn., near the New York border and delayed traffic all the way back through Stamford, Conn., and into Darien, Conn., Thursday afternoon.
- Rye-based developer Alfred Weissman Real Estate, LLC, recently announced plans to build a $15 million, 150-room hotel on Tuckahoe Road in Yonkers, according to the Westchester County Business Journal.
- 1 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site Near Rye City Border Moves Forward
- 2 Rye Brook Landlord Negotiates Settlement With D'Agostino Supermarket
- 3 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 4 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 5 Three Different Ryes Can Be Confusing In Westchester