RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye this week:
- Westchester County Legislator Catherine Parker, D-Rye, decided to pull her support for Sustainable Playland Inc.'s Playland Improvement Plan after a committee meeting with its lawyer Tuesday, May 13.
- Route 9A in Briarcliff Manor was closed for nearly 12 hours after a fatal multi-vehicle accident that occurred late Tuesday afternoon.
- The death of Gary McKeon, a Somers man who first went missing last Friday, was announced Thursday evening by his daughter.
- Students at the School of the Holy Child in Rye recently won awards in the 2014 Congressional Art Competition.
- President Barack Obama helicoptered into Tarrytown Wednesday with Gov. Andrew Cuomo at his side to push Congress to open the Federal coffers for more infrastructure funding.
- The New York State Republican Party officially nominated Rob Astorino for governor Thursday at the Hilton Westchester in Rye Brook.
- 1 State Police Warn Rye Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Mourners Gather At Vigil, Seeking Solace After Harrison Shooting Deaths