RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye this week:
- Westchester County Legislator Catherine Parker, D-Rye, decided to pull her support for Sustainable Playland Inc.'s Playland Improvement Plan after a committee meeting with its lawyer Tuesday, May 13.
- Route 9A in Briarcliff Manor was closed for nearly 12 hours after a fatal multi-vehicle accident that occurred late Tuesday afternoon.
- The death of Gary McKeon, a Somers man who first went missing last Friday, was announced Thursday evening by his daughter.
- Students at the School of the Holy Child in Rye recently won awards in the 2014 Congressional Art Competition.
- President Barack Obama helicoptered into Tarrytown Wednesday with Gov. Andrew Cuomo at his side to push Congress to open the Federal coffers for more infrastructure funding.
- The New York State Republican Party officially nominated Rob Astorino for governor Thursday at the Hilton Westchester in Rye Brook.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Rye; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Rye, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Rye Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell