RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye this week:
- Westchester County Legislator Catherine Parker, D-Rye, decided to pull her support for Sustainable Playland Inc.'s Playland Improvement Plan after a committee meeting with its lawyer Tuesday, May 13.
- Route 9A in Briarcliff Manor was closed for nearly 12 hours after a fatal multi-vehicle accident that occurred late Tuesday afternoon.
- The death of Gary McKeon, a Somers man who first went missing last Friday, was announced Thursday evening by his daughter.
- Students at the School of the Holy Child in Rye recently won awards in the 2014 Congressional Art Competition.
- President Barack Obama helicoptered into Tarrytown Wednesday with Gov. Andrew Cuomo at his side to push Congress to open the Federal coffers for more infrastructure funding.
- The New York State Republican Party officially nominated Rob Astorino for governor Thursday at the Hilton Westchester in Rye Brook.
- 1 Rye, Rye Brook Ranked Among Safest Places To Live In New York
- 2 Port Chester Drug Bust Leads To 20th Illegal Gun Recovered In 2014
- 3 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 4 Debate Stirs As Chappaqua's Hillary Clinton Returns To Iowa
- 5 National Weather Service: Rye's Winter Won't Be So Bad