RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye this week:
- Westchester County Legislator Catherine Parker, D-Rye, decided to pull her support for Sustainable Playland Inc.'s Playland Improvement Plan after a committee meeting with its lawyer Tuesday, May 13.
- Route 9A in Briarcliff Manor was closed for nearly 12 hours after a fatal multi-vehicle accident that occurred late Tuesday afternoon.
- The death of Gary McKeon, a Somers man who first went missing last Friday, was announced Thursday evening by his daughter.
- Students at the School of the Holy Child in Rye recently won awards in the 2014 Congressional Art Competition.
- President Barack Obama helicoptered into Tarrytown Wednesday with Gov. Andrew Cuomo at his side to push Congress to open the Federal coffers for more infrastructure funding.
- The New York State Republican Party officially nominated Rob Astorino for governor Thursday at the Hilton Westchester in Rye Brook.
- 1 Rye HS Grad Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Astorino Details $25M Deal With New Manager Of Rye Playland
- 3 Astorino Announces Agreement For Private Manager To Take Over Playland
- 4 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 5 Opt-Out Debate Rages As State Testing Begins In Westchester