RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye this week:
- Rye High School was named among the top high schools in New York and was one of only 500 schools nationwide to receive a gold medal rating in the annual U.S. News & World Report study.
- A Yonkers man was killed in a motorcycle accident in Putnam County.
- Starwood Global Development has amended its site plan for the long-vacant United Hospital by reducing the number of residential units from 820 to 730 and committing 41 percent of the 600,298-square-foot site to public space, including a pavilion with 70,000 square feet more of retail.
- The New York City Police Department found a missing 76-year-old Rye Brook man in Brooklyn on Monday morning.
- 1 Rye Country Day Among Smartest Private Schools In Nation
- 2 Francis C. Rooney Of Rye, Who Helped Transform Retail Business, Dies At 93
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Rye
- 4 Manhattan Building Collapses After Apparent Gas Explosion
- 5 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show